Pigmentary disorders are the third most common dermatologic disorder and cause significant psychosocial impairment. These disorders are generally difficult to treat, hence, the need for skin lightening agents including cosmeceuticals. These agents selectively target hyperplastic melanocytes and inhibit key regulatory steps in melanin synthesis. With the recent safety concern regarding use of hydroquinone, the need for alternative natural, safe and efficacious skin lightening agents is becoming more necessary.
Dr. Dabour products have no hydroquinone and no harmful chemicals.
Hyperpigmentation Treatment Kit contains:
- Anti spot cream
- Rejuvenating Face Mask (4 in 1)
- Peeling Soap Bar
- Moisturizing face cream.
Anti Spot Cream
A luxurious anti spot formulation exclusively for the Asian people, for treating pigmentation blemishes on the face:
- Providing a uniform and clear tone to the skin, preventing the formation of new melanin spots.
- Treats all kinds of blemishes and their causes
- Provides the skin with a uniform, clear and fresh look.
- Combines long standing traditions with modern know-how and technology.
- Contains active ingredients that reduce the activity of the tyrosinase enzyme which cause the production of melanin,
- Rich in plant extracts for brightening the skin
- Rich in vitamins and moisturizing agents from natural sources for the nourishment of the skin and protection of its suppleness.
This unique cream contains patented innovative skin lightening molecule:
- SepiwhiteTM (Undecylenoyl phenylalanine) is a molecule that has been scientifically proven to:
- Have a dramatic lightening effect on skin pigmentation.
- Unlike harmful hydroquinone, Undecylenoyl phenylalanine has been shown in scientific trials and dermatological tests to be safe, fast and effective in controlling hyperpigmentation.
- Undecylenoyl phenylalanine is an organic compound. This ingredient acts as a melanotropin inhibitor to help prevent the synthesis of melanin.
Undecylenoyl phenylalanine controls the formation and dispersion of melanin, acting as a catalyst to lighten, repair and prevent:
- Liver spots
- Sun spots
- Age spots
- Hyperpigmentation due to sun exposure, hormonal disorders or irritation
A study performed on 30 Asian volunteers who used a 2% SepiwhiteTM formula twice a day for three months showed that by the second month:
- There was a decrease of melanic pigments at the skin surface and skin was visibly clearer.
- Skin tone was more radiant.
- Skin was significantly lightened and skin tone was uniform.
- Hyperpigmented areas were visibly lightened.
After three months of treatment, 93% of the participants found the SepiwhiteTM formula to be safe, effective and comfortable.
- Squalane (olive derived) Oil: Squalane contains a unique antioxidant from olives that protects the skin from free-radical damage.
The Benefits of Squalane:
- Helps prevent formation of age spots
- Helps to boost cellular regeneration and oxygenation
- Speeds the healing of the skin
- Natural antibacterial properties
- Prevents damage from ultraviolet rays
- Helps to reduce the appearance of wrinkles
- Relieves dehydrated and ultra-sensitive skin
Olive Extract :
The olive Olea europaea L., (Oleaceae) has been used widely in folk medicine in the Galilee for wound healing, as disinfectant and as an herbal tea in the treatment of diabetes. Olive products constitute a rich source of polyphenols such as oleuropein and its derivatives, including hydroxytyrosol, which scavenge free radicals and inhibit the chemical oxidation of low-density lipoprotein (Visioli et al., 1995; 1998; Stupans et al., 2002). The Mediterranean climate is characterized by high temperatures and strong ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation, which increases the generation of ROS in exposed tissues (Afaq et al., 2005). Budiyanto et al. (2000) reported that the topical application of olive oil prevented UVB-induced carcinogenesis. Furthermore, Perugini et al. (2008) reported that the topical application of oleuropein reduced irradiation-induced erythema, contribute to the antioxidant and anti-melanogenesis activities.
Special Pigment Whitener Plants Complex contains:
- CUGLYCYRRHIZA GLABRA (LICORICE) ROOT EXTRACT Extracted from the Licorice plant, the ingredient that is responsible for the skin whitening aspect of the plant is known as glabridin. Glabridin inhibits pigmentation by preventing tyrosinase activation. Studies have shown that it can provide a considerable skin brightening effect and prevents Ultraviolet B (UVB) induced pigmentation and exerts anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting superoxide anion and cyclooxygenase activity. Licorice also has anti-inflammatory properties making it a very popular ingredient. Licorice extract improves hyperpigmentation by dispersing the melanin, inhibition of melanin biosynthesis and inhibition of cyclooxygenase activity thereby decreasing free radical production.
- CUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT Cucumber is considered emollient, soothing, astringent, and hydrating. It’s generally suggested for normal to oily skin because of the astringency. It’s also considered an anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant.
- CITRUS MEDICA LIMONUM (LEMON) FRUIT EXTRACT Lemon Extract is a strong natural exfoliator which helps eliminate the dead skin cells which may be contributing to your pigment discoloration.
- WITCH HAZEL (HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA) EXTRACT
- SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT : The major components of soy are phospholipids and essential fatty oils. It also contains active ingredients like isoflavones which inhibit the DOPA oxidase activity thus inhibiting melanogenesis.
- Arctostaphylos uva ursi leaf extract: Bearberry Extract is a natural extract found in bearberry (Uva Ursi) plants, provides a skin lightening effect on the skin by inhibiting tyrosinase activity.
- Amino Acids: GLYCINE ALANINE ARGININE for peptide accelerating synthesis.
- Dead see minerals
- Lactic acid and Salicylic acid
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera gel contains two hormones: Auxin and Gibberellins. These two hormones provide wound healing and anti-inflammatory properties that reduce skin inflammation. Giberellin in aloe vera acts as a growth hormone stimulating the growth of new cells. It allows the skin to heal quickly and naturally with minimal scarring.
- Allantoin: it is skin protective. It helps to increase the water content of the extracellular matrix which provides structural support to cells and is an important part of connective tissue. It is calming and hydrating. The increased water content in the skin reduces irritation and redness. It is keratolytic. The epidermis synthesizes proteins (of which keratin is one) and lipids in the stratum corneum (skin’s top layer).